Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Shopping for gear

I got spare time, so I guess I'll blog. - Mat.

I was going to hunt for a Lowepro Fastpack 250 that can hold my camera and newly bought notebook together in KL that evening. Yes....!!! I'm a sucker for bags. Went to a few shops and I end up going to Pertama Kompleks. I stumble up with Poji, Eddie and Bedah at Mecinda Racing gearshop. For you who aren't familiar with Mecinda, this is where most of Malaysian bikers get their gear from, they have been in the business since the late 70's. Service wise are very good, most of their customers became friends and close friends, I really like that a lot from a shop. They also can get any gear you wish, just ask for it and they'll do their best to get it for you. Always remember to ask for discount. :)


Bedah trying all available shoes in his size that evening. This damn shoes aren't cheap you know. So better get the right one instead of buying one and dreaming of another. Old saying says : “Sesal dahulu pendapatan.. sesal kemudian tiada gunanya.”


Mecinda placed a public Internet kiosk on the table with Google service installed... It's has been overpowered by Bearshare that day... Hehe.. Stupid P2P software. Like I said, any gear is orderable. This three buddies are very impress on the facilities that Mecinda have.


Finally, he has decided.. looks like it's this one.


The man behind the counter is the shop owner, well know as Pak Su. Bedah sticks to his mind getting the Black Octane, and Poji is still trying his luck for more discount. Pak Su always know how to give a smile face to end up a bargain. That's what 30 years of experience gives you.

If you're a budget bikers like me, the next best thing for a bikers pouch is the Deuter Square Hip II, retail at RM 145.90 (remember to ask for a discount!). That's half the price of Alpinestars pouch and it gives you double the spaces and satisfaction. It's it has waterproof zippers, 3M reflectors, padded cushion, mesh side pocket and more more more. It's easy to fall in love with it.


This what Deuter Square Hip II looks like. Kind of I'm advertising, don't I? Do you know that each Deuter Square Hip II sold in the world, I get 0.01 cents?. You can hold it up any way you want, but Deuter has made it easy in 3 way; hand carry, hipstrap and shoulder. Go and test drive it, I'm sure you'll love it as much as I do.


Where else to get cheap Deuters? This shop have been here for about 30 years, just half level up from Mecinda, it's the best place to get Deuter's bag if you ask me. Very reasonable price and the Auntie never forget a face.


It's like 9.30pm and close shop time for her. Still she greet us well and convince Poji how Deuter is superior than Karrimor. Hehehehe...

After a hard day work (yeah right...), roti Naan at Medan Tuanku sound delicious enough. It's just a few meters away from Pertama Kompleks, completely opposite Maju Junction. There's variety of naan flavors to choose from, and much kind of qeema, curry and others dish I don't know what to call. We stayed up to 11pm for our Technology Transfer Session, aka TTS. New stuff can always be learn on TTS. I highly recommend everyone attending to every TTS.


Yes... selecting the menu on an empty stomach is not an easy job. Three of them must decide together.


See what I mean? I think we finish eating every last of it. I forgot to snap the end result thou.

1 comment:

TT said...

I used to get my stuff here (helmets etc) masa zaman merempit dulu.