Monday, April 28, 2008

Sunday Ride Without The Sunday Boys

There's a time when we are committed to family or work, or not feeling well that we have to skip a ride. Just my luck, I guess it's a busy/planned week for everyone this week. I've been wanting and so eager to test my new bike on a Karak Highway and the short Bukit Tinggi twisties. Not having a ride puts me down a bit, but I don't see why I should not go and enjoy the ride by myself. So after confirming there will not be a Sunday ride this week, I got few choices to pick up my route for this week, and I choose the best route there is, the Kuala Klawang.

9.00am is for sure the best time to get started. Like I suspected, it's gonna be a bright day this Sunday and it's a waste to be playing with Astro remote on this kind of day. So I suit up early and I'll be introducing my ZX10R to the corners. I'm feeling like bloging this, so I grab my A700, worried a bit actually that if I crashed, I don't think I could afford to get another awesome camera like this. Hehehe... 10.00am I left my house and went to checkpoint #1. Checkpoint #1 is where we usually meet bikers from the south side. It's a old bus stop, in front of the Batu 9 Police Station.

No other bikers are to be seen.

Snap some shot and checkpoint #1, I head out to Batu 14 where checkpoint #2 is. There is a Petronas fuel station in between, and I fill up my bike there. Checkpoint #2 is either the small stall where we usually get lite breakfast just before the Batu 14 mosque or the small sugarcane shop just a few walks from the mosque.


11.00am. Nope. No bikers here as well. If I'm early, I'll get to meet some other bikers here as well. But they time usually 9.30am at this spot. They like to go early to beat the traffic. We, like Sifoo Is says, like to let the road prepare itself for us first. Then it's more enjoyable to tackle the corners.

So in I go... No pictures when riding ya....


I've make a quick stop at one of my memorable corners in Kuala Klawang. This corner is exactly 25km from Kuala Klawang town. Look how lovely the day is...


It's seem like the ZX10R giving me an expression posing for me on corner she had tackled.
Click on the images to see a larger version. You're welcome to use it as your wallpaper. :P


Love this route. Love it. Love it. Love it.


The standard rubber really impress me. I'm for sure are getting more confident on the Diablo Corsa III. It grips more than the 015, and feels better than the 002. But the ZX10R power scares me a little. It nothing like taking corners with a 600, well kind of.. but you need to get you attention to the throttle more.


11.45am. Kuala Klawang town. Empty seats.


Pearl Wildfire Orange. That's what the Kawasaki named the strong bold orange color. I'm loving it.


After breaking down my thirst. I choose to proceed and take the Jerom Toi highway. It is short, like 5km, so it'll leave me hungry for more highspeed corners.


Last picture for the day. I continue my journey via Pantai , then exit Seremban town and blast my way straight from Seremban to Sungai Besi.

So I guess, it's a smooth date between me and my bike. Would be much more fun if them boys are around. Next week guys.... chow.

No comments: