Monday, September 22, 2008

Motul 300V vs Mobil 1 Racing 4T

Fuel hike causes everything to go up. Engine oil is no exception. I've been using Motul 300V 10W40 for quite some time now, I remember on getting it for RM 75 per liter. It is an amazing oil. The gear changing and engine running are so smooth compare to other oil. I usually stick to a brand very much, but that doesn't mean I'm not open for other option. So, since the price for the Motul 300V is not that reasonable for me anymore, I'm scouting for another brand... So why not try the best oil (for me) that I use for my car since the first day the I bought it, Mobil 1.

If you do some googling, it's quite surprise when they compare the Mobil 1 MX4T with Motul 300V. Here, the Mobil 1 is half the price of Motul 300V... I must say there is something wrong the Motul distributors here, not the quality of Mobil 1. There is a test between 26 different types of motor oil for wear test, rust protection, gear performance and shear stability. Come out for a surprise, Mobil 1 & Motul 300V scores all the way, including Torco T4SR Racing oil and AMSOIL MCF.

From what I felt, I've clock my bike about 2000km, doing Sunday awanas, track day and distance ride. I may say I love this oil too. The engine are smooth and the gearing too as well, but gearing performance I must say I loved Motul 300V more. So should I stick to Motul? Nope, this Mobil 1 is far good enough for me with half of it's price.


Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10W-40 was previously known as Mobil 1 MX4T 10W-40.
Source www.mobiloil.com. Mobil 1 has my trust for more that 10 years now. Keep up the good work guys!


Motul 300V is a special oil. Ah Meng place it in special section.


Retail price for the Motul 300V, at RM 95 per liter, you need 4 bottles of that for a liter bike, plus labour and oil filter... Huhu... Do the math.

No comments: