Monday, September 22, 2008

Saving A Punctured Tyre

On my way back from the Kuantan Ride, I got myself a puncture tyre scenario. Stopped at Tol Bentong to check it out, I gave a thumb up to Damien, Tok Mat, Abg Suindra and Yan who is ready to assist me informing them that it's OK for me to ride, I suspect it is just a small leak.

Next morning, I went to Mok to seal the leak.


Ah Wah is a great and neat mechanic.


Detecting where the puncture is. This little small holes troubles me all the way from Karak last night. Drop my rear tyre pressure to 17psi. Lucky it is a tiny puncture, when the air slowly exit, you feel the effect while cornering. When countersteer a bike, the bike will stay on it's lean position after stop applying the force. Instead, the bike goes up again, I have to force the handle bar few times just to take one constant apex. If it's a big hole, I don't think I can ever get the bike to lean if there's no air in the rear tyre. Lucky me. Alhamdulillah.


Found the problem. Marked it. And time to solve it.


This seal from the inside are very good. I'm very confident with this method rather that sealing it from the outside. The seal rubber is like 200 times larger than the punctured hole. My tyre will feel as good as before.


Previous and next pictures doesn't really have colour in them. I guess I snap how colorful Motosikal Mok looks like on a bright sunny day.


Putting it back again.


Pssssttttttttttttt...........


Have to do the balancing all over again. Taking his time to make it all right.


A little penetrating oil on the hub there. Cleans dust inside.


Time to put all back together. And I'm ready to roll again.

No comments: