Sunday, December 14, 2008

Michelin Power Race : Just Awesome!

Uh..uh..uh... It would be bored to get the Pirelli Corsa III for the third time. I don't plan to get ride my bike in distance for a little while. I would be Awana, Klawang and Sepang for me this coming months, so I decided to get a race tyres and try to lean my bike to the fullest.

I might had considered the Bridgestone Battlax BT-003 and Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa. I've tried them Supercorsa on my ZX6R, which it just amazing, so I might have well skip the Pirelli for this time. BT-003 would be price slightly around RM 1,500.00, the Power Race is RM 1,300.00. I had read good feedback on both tyres but my heart wants the Power Race. So I go and get them.

First look, my my my.... these tyre are looks to sharp. Not that round as the other competitors, it much more oval shaped. I'm excited cause that would make it much stable in the corners. I could sacrifice the straight performance for these, but I was wrong. It is great on both. These might be due to the air pressure recommended for these tyres. The front power race is to be put on 29psi and the rear on 24psi. 24? Are I'm reading these correctly? I guess that what everyone would ask. Yup... it just 24.


Since the recommended pressure is 29/24. On the street, I tried 31/28. It felt good. I'll update how the 29/24 would feel like.


I'm ready to kill the Michelin man on the edges of the tyres.


There are 7 compound altogether for these tyres. Each one uses two compound. The soft compound on the front tyre is much softer then one on the rear tyre. You can get them in 3 types. Soft-Soft, Medium-Soft, Medium-Medium. I ordered the Medium-medium, but it turn out getting the medium soft. They only have this option for time being. Oh what the hell. The compound for these tyre clearly stated after the Power Race stamp on the tyre.

I get them fit last week. So I'm very excited for today track day. The tyre was simply awesome. It doesn't misbehave at all. I lean with full confidence. It felt good on wet too. But I wouldn't want to experimenting much more on that condition. Hehe..


Tyres condition after 20 laps in Sepang circuit. I parked my bike with the side stand, after a day look how the small rocks on the tarmac shaped up my tyres.


I told you I'll kill the Michelinman. Huhuhu...


Looks awesome!

No comments: