Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Tyre Choice!

OK. Every 3 or 4 months, I'll back on this dilemma again. Which one to choose and which suites me best for riding in few months to come?

This is my final list.

1. Pirelli Diablo Corsa III
I had been 2 sets of this tyre on my ZX10R. It is great and absolutely wonderful. It is a real balance between street and track. I get 5,500km mileage on this tyre until it reaches the marker. It is retail at RM 1,300.00 for 120/70 & 190/55. I search for these tyres a year ago when it is still not brought in. Mok says it would cost me RM 1,700.00. The jump on the price is due to the stock, the Pirelli distributors doesn't keep them. Now they do and you can get them at the retail price. Corsa III is totally a different character than the first Corsa from what I heard. I haven't tried the Corsa, but Corsa III has my recommendation.

2. Michelin Power Race
This is the new addition to the tyre line up here. It would be best for track use. Retail at RM 1,400.00 (I'm talking about the same size for the tyres here) and I am tempted to have this tried. Great feedback from users around the world. I'm not sure how much mileage you can get on this, but I doubt it can last longer then the Corsa IIIs. It's main rival would be the Diablo SuperCorsa. I found this on the net, Who should buy these tyres? - Track day riders and racers all compounds based on personal preference & street riders who ride “near the limit” medium compound.

3. Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa
For track, this would be absolutely amazing! For street use, you have to have a deep pocket cause it'll last only for about 3,000km and retail at RM 1,600.00. I love them so much. I use them before on my previous ZX6R and I swear I wouldn't want to get out from the track with this tyre on. It's useless on wet condition. The rubber is so sticky and soft, you can even see the rubber shaped if you pinched the tyre even when it is cold. This tyre only design for one thing, to make you faster on your bike.

4. Bridgestone Battlax BT016
Favorite tyres among all bikers here. I never used them before, but from what I see, it's a perfect balance for street and track as well. Street price tag at RM 1,100.00, it's a real bargain, so no wonder it's the favorite among superbikers here. I'm sure it has the most mileage among all fours. I got 8,000km with the BT-015 on my previous ZX6-R, so it kinda predictable. You can be extreme using this tyres, not that you can't. So it would pretty hard to leave this tyre from my wish list.

So to sum it up,
1. Pirelli Diablo Corsa III vs Bridgestone Battlax BT-016
2. Pirelli Diablo SuperCorsa vs Michelin Power Race
3. Track oriented use or Street/Track use
4. Twisties and short distance ride or Long Way Up and Long Way Down.

Hmm.... So if I get the Supercorsa or the Power Race. I would only concentrate on track riding for a while. Corsa III and BT-016 would suites more for street riding and some track day. I'm not sure we'll going for a long ride for a while, so the time is kinda perfect to try and test those track tyres. My heart wants the Power Race cause I never tried them before ...and I love experimenting. The Corsa III has been excellent on my ten. Supercorsa is too expensive. If I were to get the Battlax... I think I better get the Corsa IIIs. Hmm...

3 comments:

aleenaftab97 said...

get best branded car Tyres Uae offers at Sand Dance Tyres in Al Quoz

owaisalisheikh67 said...

SINA TYRES sustained its management as certainly considered one among the most important importers and exporters of Tires. Founded with inside the United Arab Emirates. The enterprise prolonged its operations in UAE. The enterprise Wheel Alignment In Dubai has grown swiftly and these days we've got a huge worldwide purchaser community throughout the UAE

moizsheikhabdul07 said...

Magic Tyres is a tyre commercial enterprise that gives you with brilliant tyres you may remember on. We are targeting supplying Dubai with low-priced tyres even as additionally bringing the final really well worth of your cash to the fore. In addition, we additionally offer Change Tyres Dubai greater offerings designed to offer you with the most performance and fee you may get on your cash.