Tuesday, November 4, 2008

NEC Ride : Part I

The day for 2008 North East Cost ride is finally here. I take some time to setup my bike for the ride the night before. I try to clamp my mini tripod to the bike, but it seems the best solutions is just to use an adhesive tape. I sample some pics, and it looks OK, I just forgot to factor in the ZX10R suspension and the weight of my A700. After setting up, I think I'll go to sleep. My eyes kept me awake until 5a.m. Sigh...

So all of us is eleven, me, Epol, Eddy, Pojie, Bedah, Yan, Hazmi, Suindra, Mat Nor, Najib and Fadhilah. All of us is a Kwakers, except for Fadhilah on a CB400 who available to join us in the last minute, not sure how but I think he skip his program for this, nice!

The next morning Epol SMS me to ride to the checkpoint with him. It was 8:30a.m. So I wait for him at my house. My baby girl seems to know I'm going away for a while. She stick with me the whole morning. I'm kinda felt hesitated to go for the ride a little, but it is already planned. So I must go. But I kept my mind to her the whole ride. Hmm.. I've been thinking coming home without even moving a single mile yet.


Hehe... I love you Chici! She gonna be six months on the 8th.
My bike is all setup right. GPS is ready. The mini tripod need to be tape, so I stop at a hardware store before moving to the RnR Sungai Buloh.


All the gang meet up at RnR Sungai Buloh. Having breakfast and planning the next stop. I do sketch the route plan, but as I stress, there's no commitment what so ever, so we are please to alter or change as we like, just that it'll would be good to have a references and of course majority speaks.


10 of us is ready to roll. Najib waits for us at RnR Gn Semanggol, Perak, 264km from here.


Time to move.


Nice shot from the mounted camera.


Before the long ride, Abg Indra lead the Doa. May Allah bless us all and keep us safe through out our journey.


We all carries 300kmj badge. Yan and Bedah bike are missing from the shot.


Eddy with his Z1000 shot from behind. The cam last for only 2 minutes, the tripod can't hold the vibration and wind speed. It's a real let down. I can't manage to get a shot on a cruising speed.


I stop at the side, shooting Yan crusing between the car and the van. Huhu... No more Mr. nice guy from Yan la Abg Indra... Hehehe...


The rest follows.


Next refill is RnR Tapah.


I'll fill up till the lips. Cost me RM24.00 from Sungai Buloh to Tapah. That's RM 24.00 for 127km. Damn... A superbike for commuting? Better think again.


Epol comment his new Corsa III tyres not gripping well on high speed crusing compare to his previous Battlax BT105. Stepping down the tyre pressure makes the tyre get more contact with the tarmac.



Bedah never forget to refuel anymore ya X-Sara? :)


Hogging the fuel station?
Nope. We are all nice bikerz. Hehehe.


Drinking a lot of water helps.

After a half an hour rest, we head to meet up with Najib. Jelapang is ahead and Epol isn't wasting his time to scrap his itching knee. He lead, Poji is behind and I'm the third. Not a very nice sweeps that day because the traffic is already building up. We stop just after Jelapang and manage to get some shots.


Abg Suindra with his mighty ZRX1200.


Leading the pack.


Hazmi is not far behind.


And we three got some catching up to do.


The Sultan Azlan Shah bridge, crossing Perak river.


Betong came to the agenda. Yan invite us to have lunch at his place at Bukit Mertajam. So that's gonna be our next stop.


Orderly parked at RnR Gn Semanggol.


Then another Kwakers add up to the group. Najib is well equip.
It's looks like it's gonna rain. Most of our gear bag comes with the rain cover. So might as well prepared. Lucky for us the rain starts from Jelapang, it's clear all the way to Penang.


Putting on and off this gear is like an exercise.


Time to move again.


2:30p.m. Rewarding lunch at Yan's place. Curry fish, sambal, ulam, fried chicken, udang masak merah is some list of the menu. Bedah giving a thumb up. Thanks Yan!


Feels great to get this off. The sun help vanish some of the nice odor.


Bike and gears.


This is Hazmi.


Err... Who's missing something on my bike?


Najib with his deep though as always.


I'm trying to give this tripod another chance.


The host. Yan's father.


Patriotism lives among all of us.


Yan, Bedah and Eddy.

After a while, Abg Suindra request to go to a bike shop. He did upgrade his bike and put some flashing light in front and back. He usually became a marshal anyway on any Welly's organized ride. Ah Meng seems forget to put back his screw washer, causing his front fairing to vibrate. Yan suggested to go to Mega Fortune, one of Penang leading superbike reseller. They have to shop, one on Seberang Perai and the other on the island itself. We are close to the one on the mainland, so we option to go there. Hazmi and Fadhilah took the opportunity to change their brake pads as well.


Off we go from Yan's house.


At 11km/h, it's a steadyshot.


At 0km/h, it's still a steadyshot.


At 136km/h, hehe... it's started to loose some focus.


At 180km/h, the wind and vibration have they own idea to place the camera.
I'm done.

I'll continue the quest on the next part.

No comments: