Saturday, November 15, 2008

General Service at Mok Motor

My odo clock 10,000km today. To make things easier. I like to flush my oil every 5,000km. So remembering 5, 10, 15 is much more easier then 1, 5, 12, 18 or something. It'll be my second service and I insist on wanting to pour Mobil 1 again. I like it a lot, and save me some hundreds. :)

The tips is if you use semi-synthetic oil, do an oil change every 3,000km, but it can still last up to 5,000km. If you use fully-synthetic, do on every 5,000km, but you're still safe up to 8,000km. And do do an oil change when you feel you needed too. :)

Mok didn't carry Mobil 1. I think they should. It's cheaper than Motul. Just a few ringgit difference with Silkolene. I've write up how Mobil 1 performs again Motul 300V in a general way, but I'll get that study copy and post the challenge here one day. So I borrowed Mail kapcai and rode to Ah Meng's. Bought 4 bottles since the Zx10R will take 3.7l out of it, thats when the oil filter is change as well. I still cost RM48 and during the fuel hike, the price remains the same. Same old stock? Or does Motul take an advantage of the situation? Motul price when up twice this year!

During the NEC ride, I don't know when & where, I blow the rear tyre tin balancing away (not really sure what they called actually). So I ask them to balance back my tyre as well. I got spare time actually, so we left the bike cooled down and wait for the oil drip stops.


But I must say Motul still makes great oil. Motul Chainlube is an excellent lubricant for the chain but it's very sticky. But all the black oil that traps dust and sand clog up my sidestand and gearshift. I usually clean this myself with a gasoline and spray some WD40 then after.


Hahaha... Really forget the 300V untill the price is reasonable again. You should try this.


Sifoo Mail way are different. He feels. One of the best mechanic in town.


This is how they balance the tyre. An old fashion but proven method.


Previously they use the tin sticker. I request the clip type. It's more durable than the sticker version. The sticker glue doesn't hold that well, they need to have a heady duty version, but that would make it harder to peel off one day.

Related link :
1. Motosikal Mok Suberbike Shop
2. Motul 300V vs Mobil 1 Racing 4T

No comments: