Monday, November 10, 2008

NEC Ride : Part IV

We stopped at the jetty in Banding to freshen up. The air was outstanding. When you live too long in KL, you'll appreciate so much of the differences.


We got this place for ourselves that afternoon. Few come and go, and later came a bus full of training soldiers. They were sent to the jungle and ordered to survive for the whole two weeks. No phone, no supplies, no map, just a Rambo knife, matches and salt. Hmm... imagine that. I think, if it's me, I'll cheat by tagging a GPS with me. Hehehe...


The bridge view from the jetty below. The mark on the pillar show how high the water level can come up. Some how, I think everyone snap a shot of the bridge from here.


Stretching while smoking. Or is that my knee is itching for not scraping. Hmm...


We did some photo session here. Something like the Malaysia's Next Top Model.
(I almost puke myself typing this).

After a while, we start back our journey. The route from Banding to Jeli is great too. Few patches in the early stage but getting better after. Me and Epol did some quick run on the corners. At some point, according to Fadhilah, you reach to the top of Titiwangsa range when you can feel the cool air while riding. I wore a leather suite, so I don't feel any. There is an RnR on the top, and you can see a breathtaking view of Titiwangsa range from there. It's so wonderful.

Our next stop suppose to be Jeli. But since it's to near and we all struggling with our self endurance, the tiresome & wearisome, we ride straight to Jerteh. The plan to enjoy Tok Bali's view was canceled. Around 5p.m., we reached to my home town. My mom leave the house in the afternoon, she and my dad go to visit her sister who'll go to Haj. They'll came back later on the next day. The timing seems to be perfect for the boys to roll around and get some rest. She even cooked for us before they go, leaving the fried mee hun and some sweetcorn for us.


Shot of my house in Jerteh. It's the same age as me. Fadhilah took the junction to Pasir Mas, his home. We gonna see him again tonight at Kota Bharu.

After the short rest, we are thinking to dive into the ocean at Mat Noor's place, Semerak, which is just around 19km from here.


Tank and side bag are just great for this kind of riding. A bike with a side box such as the GTR is better. Heh Eddy?

Parked at Mat Noor's house, we walk to the beach just few hundreds yards from his house.


Almost sunset when we arrived.


Walking the walk. These four ain't for a rush, cause I know they ain't diving.


This 4 are. Mat Noor way ahead showing the way.

I remember singing Tiga Sekawan in my head:
"Ada seorang kawan, namanya Ah Meng,
Dia juga berkawan, namanya Muthu...
Kami berkawan baik, sama sedarjah,
Belajar, bermain, bersama-sama..."
Why? It's seems fit as that time I guess. Am my lyrics right? I'm so lost in my childhood.


East Coast beach is the best. I'm loving it.


Me, Pojie, Bedah, Najib and Epol. Some other member feel unfit to dive in. Yan haven't got the experience on long ride yet, he still wonders why I asked all of them to bring sandals as well. Next time Yan. Remember always the sandals and passport OK?


That would make Abg Suindra who won't left a friend behind to company Yan.
While Eddy and Hazmi having they romantics moment elsewhere.

30 minutes in the sea is nothing! I felt like a 10 year old boy when Abg Suindra asked us to come in. I looked at my fingers and it's still not shriveling yet. Waaa... Why can't we get here sooner!


Heading back to the house.


Eddy just realize what a GTR would best do for.
The long ride crusing.


This looks weird.


Abg Mat Noor and her mom.


After cleanse ourselves, Mat Noor's mom perpeared some bun and hot Nescafe for us.
That is just wonderful.


Chit chat and planning what to do that night.


The moon is so pretty.


Out helmets shines by the flash light, not the moon.

Chit and chat, we proceed to Kota Bharu as plan. Fadhilah had prepare an ayam percik & nasi kerabu dinner for us, it on him. Thank you!
The ride from Jerteh to Kota Bharu is terrible. Not the road, nor the traffic, it is all of us to tired.


"Hmm... ayam percik ya... Come here..."


The food are great. But Najib & Epol think a bed will be better. Even Eddy who's behind Bedah agrees.


But I'm enjoying this every seconds.


Here the nasi kerabu with an ayam percik and daging bakar... huish.... Damn tasty!
You have to minus the fork and spoon to enjoy this.


Satisfaction of the pleasure. Kikiki....


Some guy looks at the outside curiously wanting to know who's bike parked at his place.

It's all just terrific, now it's time for a coffee. Abg Suindra and Epol know just the best place. The White House Coffee.


Here's the shop sign.


Amazingly great. The coffee are just nice. One of the best I ever tasted.


This table can transformed from a 4 feet to 8 feet.
And from the looks of it, it might be more than 20 years.


The price is ain't bad.


Abg Suindra gives it a thumbs up on the roti bakar, wait till he get back to his wive for not getting any for her. Hehehehe...


Coffee and cigars... err... cigarettes.


Epol says even the eggs taste differently. It is known that the White House Coffee kept secret on the preparation of their food. But they do sell the coffee (which Abg Indra forgot to buy.. sorry Mam, Abg Indra letih kot pasal tu lupa), pepper and jam for you to make it yourself at home. But that never beats having them at the shop itself.


A cup of coffee, a bread and a "power" sure put us back on our feet.

No comments: